- Bachelor's/Master/M.Phil/Ph.D Degree Books
- Banking Examination (SBI/IBPS/REGIONAL BANK)
- Current Affairs
- DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Examination)
- Entrance Examination
- General Books/Magazines/Miscellaneous
- IAS/IFS (Indian Administrative Service/Indian Forest Service)
- IES/ISS (Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistics Service)
IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) Study Material
- IGNOU Disaster Management (English) (CDM)
- IGNOU Economics (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Economics (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Economics (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Economics (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Environment Studies (English) (CES)
- IGNOU Gandhi & Peace Studies (English) (MA)
- IGNOU History (English) (BA)
- IGNOU History (English) (MA)
- IGNOU History (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU History (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Political Science (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Political Science (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Political Science (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Political Science (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Sociology (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Sociology (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Sociology (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Sociology (Hindi) (MA)
- INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES(IES)
- LAW BOOKS
- NDA/CDS/AFCAT/SSB Examination
Notes/Study Material (Printed/Handout)
- PIB - Press Information Bureau (Hindi/English)
- S S Bharti Concept (Mathematician)
- Shankar IAS (IAS Parliament)
- Vajiram & Ravi IAS
- Vision IAS
- Oxford University Press Series
- PCS/State Level Examination
- Railway Examination
- SCHOOL BOOKS
- SSC (Staff Selection Commission)
Lexis Nexis Publication [Essential Sociology (English), Paperback] by Seema & Nitin Sangwan
Essential Sociology is a comprehensive text designed for the aspirants of Civil Services Examination. It will also be useful in the preparation of NET/JRF. This book covers the entire syllabus of Sociology optional, as prescribed by UPSC. The entire text has been divided into two parts: Part I and Part II. Part I deals with the topics mentioned in Paper I of the UPSC Civil Services Main syllabus of Sociology optional and it covers evolution of Sociology as a discipline, Sociological thinkers, kinship and social movements among others. Part II deals with the topics mentioned in Paper II of the syllabus and it covers topics like perspectives in Indian Sociology, Colonial impact, Indian social structure, tribal issues, among others. Every chapter ends with a detailed question bank based on the latest pattern of the Civil Services Examination. Written in a simple and lucid language, this book will serve as a ready-reference material for aspirants from diverse backgrounds. Key Features of the book are: • It is the first book to cover the syllabus of Sociology optional in its entirety • Content mapping according to the syllabus of the UPSC • Equipped with more than 200 diagrams, cartoons, tables and illustrations for a clearer understanding • Features thought provoking question banks at the end of every chapter • Based on the updated statistics till 2017 • Loads of additional information to cover unexpected questions.
Nitin Sangwan is a Gujarat cadre IAS officer of 2016 Batch. He secured 28th Rank in Civil Services Examination 2015 with Sociology as an optional subject. By qualification he is a mechanical engineer and also holds a management degree. Seema is a dentist by profession and is passionate about reading on a wide variety of social issues including gender discrimination, demographics, inequalities, rural life and developmental economics. She loves to write in her spare time about social issues apart from keeping the dentist in her alive. The authors shall strive to provide additional information to supplement the book Essential Sociology on their blog www.upsc-sociology.blogspot.in based on the feedback received from the readers and the evolving needs of the exam. The authors also look forward to all the suggestions, feedbacks and comments regarding the book which can be addressed to the authors at: email@example.com.
When you order from THE BOOKSHOP ONLINE, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to travel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact the customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible.