- Bachelor's/Master/M.Phil/Ph.D Degree Books
- Banking Examination (SBI/IBPS/REGIONAL BANK)
- Current Affairs
- DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Examination)
- Entrance Examination
- General Books/Magazines/Miscellaneous
- General study
- IAS/IFS (Indian Administrative Service/Indian Forest Service)
- IES/ISS (Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistics Service)
IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) Study Material
- IGNOU Disaster Management (English) (CDM)
- IGNOU Economics (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Economics (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Economics (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Economics (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Environment Studies (English) (CES)
- IGNOU Gandhi & Peace Studies (English) (MA)
- IGNOU History (English) (BA)
- IGNOU History (English) (MA)
- IGNOU History (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU History (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Political Science (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Political Science (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Political Science (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Political Science (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Sociology (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Sociology (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Sociology (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Sociology (Hindi) (MA)
- INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES(IES)
- LAW BOOKS
- NDA/CDS/AFCAT/SSB Examination
Notes/Study Material (Printed/Handout)
- PIB - Press Information Bureau (Hindi/English)
- S S Bharti Concept (Mathematician)
- Shankar IAS (IAS Parliament)
- Vajiram & Ravi IAS
- Vision IAS
- Oxford University Press Series
- PCS/State Level Examination
- Railway Examination
- SCHOOL BOOKS
- SSC (Staff Selection Commission)
- Number of Pages 692
Rawat Publication [Human Geography 5th Edition (English) Paperback] by Majid Husain
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: RAWAT PUBLICATION-NEW DELHI
- ISBN: 9788131604595, 8131604594
- Edition: 5th Edition, 2011
- Pages: 582
This fourth edition of Human Geography is a book that provides the readers with key insights into the field of human geography, based on a social science approach.
Summary Of The Book
Human geography is one of the two main sub-categories of geography, which deals with social sciences that study the world, communities, and cultures. This edition of Human Geography is geared towards providing the readers with key insights into the fundamentals of human geography. Through the course of this book, Husain talks at length about human problems as well the role of mankind in bringing about change on the earth. Unlike other books on the subject, this edition of Human Geography gives the readers a comprehensive overview of human geography, considering its economic, political, historical, cultural, urban, and regional aspects.
In the first part of this book, Husain talks about the fundamentals and themes of human geography, along with the trends and spatial distribution of world population. The second part revolves around the patterns of human settlements, growth, and unity and diversity. It also covers the functional hierarchy of urban and rural dwellings. In the third part, the readers are provided with insights into different people groups worldwide, such as the aboriginals. This edition retains its detailed explanations from the previous editions, making it ideal for students.
Husain has included several maps and diagrams that help the readers understand the concepts easier. This revised edition has been drafted, based on the suggestions of eminent geographers and students, and retains its thorough explanation of the concepts, which makes it an indispensable guide to this ever-important subject.
About Majid Husain
Majid Husain is an author and professor.
Husain has written Indian And World Geography (Paper-1), Geography: 3000 Terms And Concepts With Detailed Explanation For Civil Services Examinations, and Environment & Ecology: Biodiversity, Climate Change and Disaster Management: General Studies For Civil Services (Main) Examination-Paper II and IV.
Husain holds an undergraduate degree in Law, and a postgraduate degree in Geography, where he was a Gold Medalist. He also holds a doctoral degree. He has 40 years’ experience in the teaching field, working for several universities, which include Central University, New Delhi, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, North East Hill University, Shillong, and the University of Kashmir, Srinagar. Husain has served as the President of the Indian National Cartographic Association and been the Vice President of the International Association of Landscape Ecology. He was presented the Bhugol Bhushan Award by the Deccan Geographical Society India.
When you order from opencartworks.com, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to tarvel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact the customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible. Enjoy shopping!