Choose Category Quickly
S. Chand Publication [Indian Economy, 72th Edition, with Budget and Economy Survey Edition, (English) Paperback] by Gaurav Datt and Ashwani Mahajan
About to Author
This book presents a comprehensive survey of the Indian Economy in terms of GDP growth, savings, investment and developments in various sectors such as agriculture, industry and services. A contradiction observed in India is that while the reform process has resulted in boosting GDP growth, it has failed to yield acceleration in the process of poverty reduction and growth of employment.
A thorough revision of the book was necessitated by these rapid changes taking place in the Indian economy. Readers will appreciate that economic scenarios, both at the global and national levels, have been changing continuously. It has been our endeavour to introduce new analysis by way of adding new sections and revising existing chapters for a better understanding of the evolving problems and opportunities for the Indian economy. A new chapter on 'Fourteenth Finance Commission (2015-20)' has recently been added in the book.
Objective on this Book
• Central Government Budget 2015-16
• NITI Aayog
• A Note on Railway Budget 2015-16
• Debate on WPI versus CPI
• National Income Estimates Based on New Series
• Foreign Trade Policy 2015-2020
• Emerging Issues in Black Money Stashed Abroad
Part-I: Structure of the Indian Economy
• India as a Developing Economy • Indian Economy on the Eve of Independence • National Income of India • Human Resources and Economic Development • Human Development in India • Occupational Structure and Economic Development • Natural Resources, Economic Development and Environmental Degradation • Infrastructure in the Indian Economy • Social Infrastructure and Social Sector
Part-II: Planning and Economic Development
• Objectives and Strategy of Economic Planning in India • Industrial Policy and Indian Planning • Public Sector and Indian Planning • Disinvestment of Public Enterprises • Redefining the Role of the State • Privatisation and Economic Reforms • Globalization and its Impact on India • Planning Experience in India • Tenth Five Year Plan (2002-2007) • Eleventh Five Year Plan and Inclusive Growth • An Approach to the Twelfth Five Year Plan (2012-17) • The Problem of Capital Formation • Foreign Capital, Foreign Aid and Economic Development • Poverty and the Planning Process in India • The Parallel Economy in India • Unemployment in India • Inequality and Concentration of Economic Power in India • Prices, Price Policy and Economic Growth • Balanced Regional Development
Part-III: Agriculture in the National Economy
• Indian Agriculture under the Five Year Plans: The Green Revolution • Food Security in India • Irrigation and other Agricultural Inputs • Land Reforms • Size of Farms and Productive Efficiency • Organisation of Rural Credit in India • Agricultural Marketing and Warehousing • Agricultural Labour
Part-IV: Indian Industries
• Industrial Pattern and the Plans • Some Large-Scale Industries • Information Technology (IT) Industry • Small-Scale Enterprises • Labour Problems and Labour Policy • Unorganised Sector and Informalisation of the Indian Economy • Second National Commission on Labour
Part-V: The Tertiary Sector in the Indian Economy
• The Foreign Trade of India • India's Balance of Payments • Special Economic Zones • GATT, WTO and India's Foreign Trade • Indian Currency System • Indian Financial System: Commercial Banking System • Indian Financial System II: Money and Capital Markets in India • The Reserve Bank of India and Monetary Management • Indian Public Finance • Financial Relations between the Centre and the States • Thirteenth Finance Commission (2010-15) • Fourteenth Finance Commission (2015-20) • Government Subsidies in India
When you order from THE BOOKSHOP ONLINE, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to travel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact the customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible.